Why does the upper eyelid twitch? Causes and Treatment
We want to or not, but our life is full of stress. They are, as a rule, the cause of poor health, diseases or some symptoms. For example, sometimes we ask ourselves why the upper eyelid twitches. There can be several reasons.
Why the upper eyelid twitches
This symptom was called hyperkinesis. It is worth to clarify that the lower eyelid can not twitch. In any case, we do not notice it. Therefore, people always ask doctors about exactly why the upper eyelid twitches. And they often get an ambiguous answer.
- The brain is an incredibly complex system. And sometimes it crashes: large and small. The latter can be attributed to a situation in which the upper eyelid begins to behave strangely. The brain gives impulses, and the eyelid erroneously accepts them, since the eye area is one of the most sensitive parts of our body.
- As already mentioned, stress is oftenaffects our body in a rather strange way. More precisely, the symptoms are not so much talking. But hyperkinesis is one of them. This is due to the complicated device of the nervous system. Perhaps, you were worried even today: chided the chief, acted before a large audience ... Yes you never know! In this case, stopping the twitching will help soothing means: tincture of valerian, motherwort.However, it may very well be that the stress was prolonged. To the extent that you no longer notice the main symptoms of it (constant fatigue, fatigue, irritability) that have been manifesting themselves for quite some time. In this case, it's worth taking a timeout. Go on vacation. Just spend it not behind the TV and computer, but in the fresh air, with friends, on a trip or hike. If this does not help, and the eyelid will continue to twitch, be sure to visit a neurologist.
- Constant wearing of glasses, lenses - this is another reason why the upper eyelid twitches. Let the eyes rest from them.
- The next reason that the eyelid twitches isbanal eye overexertion. Many professions today are connected with work at the computer. In addition, a significant part of people used to "relax" in front of the TV or on the Internet, which often turns into a real addiction. Together, this leads not only to reduced vision, but also to hyperkinesia. Therefore, in order to preserve health from dependence, it is better to get rid of. But at work it is useful to take breaks so that your eyes can rest.For every hour of labor at the computer,have 10-15 minutes of relaxation (just stop looking at the screen). A light massage will also help. Close your eyes and start making light circular motions on your eyelids with your fingertips. Do not be zealous: before your eyes there should be no yellow spots and, of course, the inadmissibility of pain!
- Harmful habits can also be the causehyperkinesis. These include not only alcohol with smoking, but also incorrect working conditions at the computer, while reading (poor lighting, incorrect posture), and so on.