What gymnastics is recommended in the second trimester of pregnancy (photo and video tips)
Fitness for pregnant women
Bent legs should form a right angle
We warn you immediately - we are not talking about the fight against obesity.All physical exercises recommended during pregnancy have the sole purpose of strengthening certain muscle groups. This is the kind of gymnastics you need.
Experts in the field of gynecology and obstetrics are advised to begin classes in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. This is due to the fact that if you have this trimester, then at this time the threat of miscarriage has practically disappeared and, as a rule, toxicosis has passed. And the body due to a significant increase in mass begins to experience discomfort.
In particular, in pregnant women, the back starts to hurt. So, we need gymnastics. To eliminate this condition, there are exercises on the sports ball - fitball. First of all, it is necessary to pick it up correctly.To get started, just sit on the ball. If the bent legs form a right angle (as shown in the photo) - this is your option.
A set of simple exercises
The complex is best to start with a warm-up. Sitting on the ball, gently tilt your head in one and the other side. Spread your arms and gently turn the torso right and left. Each of the exercises do several times and go to the main part.
The main part of exercises for pregnant women is designed taking into account the fact that in the 2nd trimester the fetus begins to grow actively, and the woman is experiencing loads on the spine. Gymnastics on fitball will reduce them.
- Sit on the ball, back is flat, stretch your arms horizontally in front of you. Inhale - left hand, bend at the elbow and pull back, trying to press against the spine with a spatula. Exhale - hands in the starting position. Inhale - do the same with your right hand. Exhale - starting position. Be careful - no sudden movements during pregnancy!
- Sitting with a straight back on the fitball, bend your elbows, palms open up. Inhale - move your arms to the sides, trying to bring the shoulder blades down. Exhale - starting position.
- Starting position - as described for the first exercise. Exhale - bending your arms in your elbows, bend down (no more than 45 degrees!). Inhale — straighten and pull your arms back by joining the shoulder blades. Exhale - straighten. Breathe - stretch your arms forward.
To strengthen the muscles of the chest from the variety of exercises, we suggest to get acquainted with the one shown in the photo It is carried out as follows - put your hands on your chest, join your palms and push them with force against each other.
2 trimester of pregnancy is considered a safe period. And appropriate gymnastics will minimize physical problems.
The complex of exercises that yoga offers develops the muscles of the uterus. Term 2 is exactly the time when it is time to think about it and find the right set of exercises.
It is preferable to engage under the guidance of an experienced instructor. If you have no such opportunity - do not be discouraged.
Gymnastics yoga describes a few simple exercises that you can easily perform on your second trimester.
- Pose of fish.Sit on the floor, legs bent at the knees, and cross your feet. Raise your arms above your head. Slowly, go down on your back until you touch the floor. For pregnant women, yoga recommends that you remain in this position for up to 3 minutes.
- Butterfly.Sit comfortably on the floor, legs apart. Then bend your knees, pull them towards you and lower them. Feet touch each other (as shown in the photo). Then with your palms push down on your knees, pressing them to the floor. Simultaneously tighten the heels to the crotch. This exercise stretches the muscles of the pelvis, which is very important during pregnancy. Therefore, yoga offers to dedicate the 2nd trimester of pregnancy to such an asana.
Yoga. Butterfly Pose
You can study more complete complex on video for pregnant women. Yoga claims that such exercises during pregnancy will help strengthen the muscles of the pelvis, hips and abs. It is very useful during childbirth.
If you have 2 trimester of pregnancy, and you choose such a complex for classes, then remember the basic rules that are dictated by yoga:
- do regular work;
- yoga in general and during pregnancy in particular, requires a relaxed state (so do not overload yourself);
- The best time for pregnant women is early morning, before breakfast.
Then gymnastics will bring you benefit and pleasure, and the 2nd trimester will be colored with pleasant emotions.
All pregnant women are hesitant and hesitant. Each gymnastics reviewed in the above pictures (fitball or yoga classes) has its followers. Your choice is entirely up to you. But! Take the final decision only after consulting a doctor! Even if it seems to you that the pregnancy is proceeding safely, and the 2nd trimester is perfectly safe for you and your baby.