Toothpaste for sensitive teeth "Instant effect" Sensodyne: composition, reviews
Now on the shelves of supermarkets and pharmacies so muchall kinds of toothpastes - eyes run up. And each of them has uniquely useful properties. Anyway, so it is written on bright effective packages. One of the most popular is the Sensodyne toothpaste "Instant Effect", created for people with hypersensitive teeth. It was developed by the British company GKS (Glaxo Smith Kline), however it is produced all over the world. Numerous customer reviews indicate that "Sensodin Instant Effect" really does away with painful sensations. Fears are caused only by the composition of the paste, in which there are elements that are controversial, from the point of view of safety for health. We will analyze each of them in detail.
What is hyperesthesia
To understand how toothpaste worksSensodyne, let's see what sensitive teeth are. In medicine, this condition is called hyperesthesia. It appears short-term (literally seconds), but very unpleasant acute pain, when the teeth are affected by taste or temperature stimuli. There are many reasons for causing sensitivity, among which the lion's share is chemical enamel bleaching, tartar removal, frequent eating of food such as lemons, sour drinks, sauces and the like. In addition, hyperesthesia is observed in a pathology called increased enamel erasure, with trauma, hereditary disorders and some defects in the teeth.
Hyperesthesia is of three degrees:
- I - the teeth react to cold and hot.
- II - pains appear both from temperature stimuli, and from chemical (sweet, sour, salty and others).
- III - painful sensations from all available in nature stimuli.
Toothpaste for sensitive teeth "Instant effect" is good at I and II degrees, and with III it is necessary to carry out complex treatment.
The mechanism of pain
When the tooth is exposed to the stimulus,it hurts not the enamel, as ordinary people used to think. The mechanism of the appearance of unpleasant sensations is approximately this: inside, our teeth are filled with a special tissue (pulp), in which blood vessels and nerve fibers are intertwined. Pulp is covered with dentin, and it is the same enamel that contacts irritants (food, air, water). Between the pulp and dentin lies a layer of cells called odontoblasts. They have processes with nerve endings, and in the dentin there are multiple tubules in which these processes enter and remain there throughout the life of the tooth. Strong healthy enamel does not miss anything to the dentin. If it is weakened or damaged, the stimuli easily penetrate it, reach the dentin and act on the tubules. The nerve endings of the odontoblasts instantly react to this with painful impulses sent to the pulp, and there reach the nerve fibers.
Another theory of the onset of pain is based onhydrodynamic processes inside the tooth. The fact is that in the canals of the dentine, a special liquid is being circulated by the pulp. Unpleasant sensations arise when external stimuli, reaching the tubules, disrupt the circulation of this fluid.
Toothpaste for sensitive teeth "Instanteffect "has in its composition elements that plug the openings of the tubules, which is its main" work "for the rapid removal of pain. The tubule is buried - the stimuli do not affect the liquid and do not affect the nerve processes of the odontoplast. In addition, the paste "Instant Effect" promotes enamel strengthening and healing of the gums.
Features & Features
Pasta Packaging Design "Instant Effect"unobtrusive. On it and on a tube the brief information on a hyperesthesia, the reasons of its or her occurrence, principles of action of paste and the instruction on application is reflected. The tube of toothpaste "Sensodin" is made of a laminate, which makes it easy to squeeze the contents to the last gram. The cap is wide enough so that the tube can be placed vertically. In this position, the paste itself drains into the area of the opening.
Toothpaste for sensitive teeth "Instanteffect "has a white color and a slight smell of menthol. During the cleaning of teeth, it almost does not foam, but leaves a pleasant freshness. Important: this paste is low abrasive (RDA index - up to 120 units), so it does not bleach the enamel, but only removes the coating from it. It is not advisable to brush it with teeth immediately before ingestion, since the paste "Instant effect" blocks the taste receptors of the tongue.
How to use
Detailed instructions are given on the packaging and on thetube. Toothpaste for sensitive teeth "instant effect" can be freely used by children over 12 years. Method of use consists in placing the desired amount of the contents of a tube onto a toothbrush and distribution of the product on the surface of teeth, followed by rinsing with water. Swallow the pasta is not allowed. Use it more often 2-3 times a day is not recommended. If tooth sensitivity is high, it is possible to make application of the paste with your fingers. In this case, the product is applied to the teeth closer to the gums, since that is where the enamel has the smallest thickness. The effect of the paste should come within a minute. To fix it, you need to use "Sensodin" for at least 1 month.
On each package and on the tube itself is the composition of toothpaste "Sensodin", but not everyone can figure out in those sophisticated inscriptions. Consider first non-hazardous to health components:
1. Water (aqua).
2. Substitute of sugar sorbitol (sorbitol). It is actively used in cooking. It is proved that it is harmful only when ingested in large quantities.
3. Glycerin. Can be made from natural products or artificially. Function - does not allow the paste to dry out.
4. Silicic acid (hidrated silica). Get it from natural minerals. It is an abrasive that gently cleanses the enamel, moreover, it participates in imparting viscosity to the paste.
5. Soft surfactant, created on the basis of coconut milk (sodium methyl cocoyl taurate), which very carefully performs the cleaning of enamel.
6. The sweetener (sodium saccharin) is absolutely harmless.
7. Natural flavor, produced from citrus (limonene).
8. Artificial flavor (aroma). It gives the paste taste, smell, refreshing breath.
As for the harmlessness of the latter opinion, experts differ.
Hazardous ingredients "Sensodina"
To not absolutely harmless ingredients, which are a part of toothpaste "Instant effect", it is possible to carry:
1. Thickener E415, or xanthan gum (xanthan gum). According to many dentists, E415 can cause stomatitis, and if it gets into the stomach cause diarrhea, pain, nausea and vomiting.
2.Titanium white, or titanium dioxide, giving the paste a white color. This substance, if ingested, can become responsible for liver and kidney diseases, and is used in paste as an additional thickener.
3. Strontium acetate, which clogs the tubules in the dentin (strontium acetate). Some consumers believe that strontium is radioactive and causes cancer. In fact, only its isotopes are radioactive, which destroy bones, lead to fibrosis and other unpleasant diseases. Strontium salts (in this case it is acetic acid salt) are harmless if they enter the body in an amount not exceeding the permissible values. In fact, it is due to the acetate of strontium paste "Instant Effect" that it relieves the sensitivity of the teeth.
4. Paraps of sodium propilparaben and methylparaben. These additives to the toothpaste actively fight bacteria, which are always full in the mouth, with a fungus, act as antiseptics and fungicides. It is thanks to them that wounds heal (if any) on the gums. There is an opinion that parabens cause cancer and hormonal disorders. This was confirmed by studies on breast cancer in women who regularly used antiperspirants with these substances. Harm of parabens, which are part of toothpastes, is not proved.
Separately I want to isolate sodium fluoride (sodiumfluoride), which is part of the paste "Sensodin Instant Effect". Its role is not to allow bacteria to produce acids that destroy tooth enamel, and create a special protective layer that prevents the washing out of mineral elements (demineralization) from the teeth. In addition, fluoride helps to reduce the sensitivity of teeth and is the best protection against tooth decay. In some countries, fluoride compounds are added not only to toothpastes, but even to water and milk. True, in many countries this is prohibited. Thus, if fluoride intake is normal, they are useful. If they get too much to the teeth, a fluorosis develops, in which the enamel does not strengthen, but - on the contrary - collapses, which ultimately leads to tooth loss. Another bad property of these substances is toxicity and a negative effect on thinking ability. As part of "Sensodin", the percentage of sodium fluoride is clearly balanced, and the instruction indicates that you can use the paste no more than 3 times a day.
Brushes brand "Sensodin"
GKS for people with sensitive teethBoth toothpaste and a brush that cleans teeth are extremely soft. The design of the Sensodyne brush is also quite simple: nothing superfluous, only a stiff handle and a head with bristles. However, every detail is maximally thought out. On the handle there is a rubberized insert, which prevents sliding in a wet hand. The head of the brush is small, allowing you to reach hard-to-reach areas of the mouth. Even for children it is convenient to use such a tool. Vorsinki in it though and soft, but with job on clearing of an enamel cope perfectly. Brushes "Sensodin" of categories Soft and Extra soft are issued.
Numerous consumers using"Sensodine Instant Effect," note that this is really helping to relieve the pain of toothpaste. Its price is not the cheapest and is from 150 rubles per tube of 75 ml. Advantages of pasta:
- cleans the enamel well;
- Do not foam;
- does not have a sharp odor;
- for a long time makes the teeth insensitive to irritants.
- hazardous ingredients in the composition.
Conclusions: toothpaste "Sensodin Instant Effect" can be used for medicinal purposes. Apply it strictly according to the instructions on the package.