Tips from the school of design: how to become a landscape designer
Landscape design has a fairly broad concept. It includes the creation and design of the territory outside the home. This direction is based on a few key details. Profession is in demand. But in order to succeed, it is necessary to find out what the specialty landscape designer is and how to become one.
What will the landscape designer do?
Many requirements are imposed on the specialist, including the creation of an attractive landscape and the design of functional details. In the latter, some knowledge of the engineering field is needed. Therefore, the approach to the development of the profession should be taken seriously. It is necessary to list what the landscape designer does:
1. Communication with customers. At this stage, it is necessary to clarify the wishes of customers and determine their clear requirements;
2. Inspection of the landscape. It is necessary to conduct a qualitative and complete analysis of the territory.Of importance is the area of the site, its soil and relief. It is necessary to find out the possible presence of groundwater. Climatic conditions are taken into account. These factors will help to correctly organize the design space and meet the requirements of customers;
3. Preparation of the sketch. It is also the responsibility of the landscape designer because of the need to translate a preliminary draft on paper. This will allow rational use of existing territory and correct possible shortcomings and errors;
4. Analysis of communications. It is necessary to design drainage systems, sewers and water supply systems;
5. Coming up with the design of structures. Need to choose a style, important accents;
6. Registration of reservoirs, the organization of lighting. The construction of paths, planting plants and creating a system for watering.
The listed items are in the permanent duties of a specialist in this field. Therefore, being a good designer is not enough. It is important to have knowledge in the field of biology, engineering, to realize a beautiful, high-quality project.
Place of work and important requirements
Each expert independently chooses a workplace.He can be an independent designer or work in special studios and companies that provide such services. But to start working, you must have certain qualities. They will help to achieve success in this area. The specialist must have an artistic taste and love nature. Sociability and benevolence are suitable for interaction with customers. It is important to have the ability to design. These qualities will help to become a good specialist.
In addition, there are requirements for the landscape designer, which are presented to him:
1. Profile education. Desirable higher;
2. Ability to work with various graphics programs at a high level;
If you want to learn this profession, you need to understand how this can be done.
How to become a landscape designer
The best option is to get higher education in one of the directions in this field. But modern opportunities allow to be trained on special courses. Becoming a professional right away will not work. But you can update the necessary base, which will be a great start for a beginner. Among the possible ways to master the profession:
1. Courses. Simple and affordable option.Differs in speed in comparison with receiving higher education. At the moment there are a variety of landscape designer courses, you can enroll in a design school offering a wide range of services. Some schools offer not only theory, but also the development of practical knowledge, work with some customers. In this case, the newcomer is learning to create the first projects that are subsequently placed in the portfolio. The advantages of the method are speed, the ability to gain knowledge at a convenient time, small groups, which has a positive effect on the attention to each student. Some schools in addition to issuing certificates help with employment, give recommendations. Therefore, it becomes a good start for the development and growth of a beginner;
2. Higher education. Allows you to deeply explore all aspects of the profession. The presence of a diploma causes more trust among customers. We will have to spend several years on training and pass the entrance examinations for admission to the course. Financial investments be more than when passing courses. Many universities offer training in this area;
3. Change of direction.This option is suitable for those whose specialization is related to plants, construction, architecture, design or soil. Then you only need to change the specialization. After all, landscape design includes many different disciplines. Enough to take courses or place seminars. Basic knowledge is already there, you just need to get more information in the field of landscape;
4. Start small. My combine several options into one. You should find a company engaged in this area and offer them your own services for free. You can start with the post of assistant. In parallel, it is necessary to study the theoretical foundations. Having gained experience and the necessary knowledge, you can get a good position in this company;
5. Self-education. If earlier landscape design was just a hobby, you can stop it in a profitable business. It is necessary to place various exhibitions, seminars, study the work of professionals. Read relevant literature, learn from your mistakes and practice a lot. Explore all areas related to garden design. If you can not boast of a diploma, you need to demonstrate to customers that you are able to embody beautiful and high-quality ideas.After all, a diploma does not guarantee a good result, and hard work can make a professional out of self-taught.
Regardless of the chosen teaching method, remember that design is constantly evolving. Therefore, a specialist must constantly improve and grow. This will allow you to remain at the peak of your career and attract new customers.