Royal Canin or Hills - what kind of food for your cat
Kitten food should be designed specifically for kittens (from birth to 12 months).
The first thing you need to do is to weigh the young creature. And by weight, measure the amount of food at the reception (there is a correspondence table on each package of food).
For cats less than a year old, it is better to use the following foods:
- Hills "with chicken", "with tuna", "with chicken and vegetables." Specialists of the company Hills have developed a comprehensive diet, taking into account the age characteristics of kittens.
Considering that it is in the “childhood” age that the basis for further health is laid, the recommended products include everything necessary for the developing organism of cats.
- Royal Canin "with poultry meat", "with meat offal." As you can see, Royal Canin takes into account not only the age, but also the breed of the animal. For example, there are various offers for Persian and British Shorthair kittens. Do not forget about this important nuance. In this case, it is better to buy feed recommended for your species.
- After your pupil has crossed the line of 12 months of age, he will already need food for adult and active cats (from 1 to 6 years). Experts Hills and experienced veterinarians advise gradually transferring the kitten to the adult ration, mixing a portion of the new food with the old one. It would be better if this process stretches for a week.
What kind of food to choose exactly depends on you (and your pet's preferences), but you will have to calculate the approximate amount of food yourself, using the recommendations of experts. Any veterinary site offers the following sequence of actions:
- Weigh the animal.
- Define a one-off portion using the table on the packaging (both Hills and Royal Canin provide this information for cats of every age).
- Objectively assess the condition of the pet (or contact the veterinarian with this question).
- Adjust the amount of food.
For adult cats, manufacturers represent:
- Hills "for furry cats" (Hairball control), "With sensitive skin" (Sesitiv skin), "Care for the oral cavity" (Oral care), "For weight control" (Cat adult).
- Royal Canin "to improve wool" (HAIR & SKIN), "For long-haired breeds" (INDOOR LONGHAIR 35), "For Maine Coon cats breed" (MAINE COON 31), “With a good physical form” (FIT-32), "For Siamese" (SIAMESE 38), "For the sphinx breed" (SPHYNX 33).
- Which of the following varieties of food your cat (or kitty) will enjoy like nobody knows. It is best to try everything gradually. Then according to the behavior of your fluffy miracle, you will understand that he is more to his liking.
After 7 years in the life of cats comes the turning point, they are not so active and playful (any website of pet lovers will tell about this). But you didn’t cherish them any less. Just at such a respectable age, your faithful friend needs a change of diet.
Hills and Royal Canin are aware of this and offer their products - Hills "for older animals" (Mature Adult 7+) and Royal Canin "over 7" (INDOOR +7).
They say that animals are worse than children. And, if they get sick, then caring owners physically feel the pain of their cats. It is better, of course, not to suffer any diseases, but if it so happens, we can please you - the developers of Hills have a whole medical row:
- Hills Diet R / D(for obesity);
- Hills Diet I / D(gastrointestinal disorders);
- Hills Diet K / D(kidney and heart disease);
- Hills Diet Z / D(with allergies);
- Hills Diet L / D(liver disease).
We sincerely wish the health of your lovely pets. And let the therapeutic effect produced by the above-mentioned feeds be maximum and bring noticeable relief to downy family members - they will feel much better.
Royal Canin boasts the conquest of another important niche - food for discerning pupils:
- Royal Kanin choosy to AROMA;
- Royal Kanin choosy for VKUS;
- Royal Kanin choosy for COMPOSITION.
The owners of naughty cats will definitely appreciate the need for these diets. After all, no one knows better than them what kind of flour turns the choice of food for a demanding pet. We hope that this line will help you solve the actual problem.
For sterilized cats and cats have their own rules of nutrition. The Hills and Royal Canin specialists developed each of their proposals on this issue. When choosing a feed to start, it is better to consult with a veterinarian, and then consider the producers ration:
- Hills to Neutered (Hills Adult Sterilised);
- Royal Canin for sterilized cats (Young Female SW 37);
- Royal Kanin for cats after castration (Young Male WS 40).
The curative effect of such a menu is primarily to prevent obesity.
As soon as you notice that your graceful beauty is waiting for an addition, you immediately start to suffer with questions - what is the best way to feed it now, is a medicinal diet needed and what specifically, where to get it?
And, if you think that the abilities of feed producers are over, you are very mistaken. Hills and Royal Canin present a menu for pregnant womenHills Science Plan Kitten and Royal Canin Queen 34.
Any of them will help your beauty easily make and produce charming and healthy offspring in time.
In conclusion, we note that feed is produced both dry and in the form of canned food. You can get acquainted with the full range of the company on the website. What is best for your charming creation depends solely on the tastes of your pet.
And you need only guarantees that all the ingredients are selected correctly and provide the optimal dose of trace elements. Please note that the company Hills and Royal Canin has long been represented on the pet market and enjoy the well-deserved respect of consumers.