Pus in the gums: What do the treatment at home
Jul 12, 2018
Purulent inflammation of the gum is a fairly common ailment, as it is caused by bacteria of different etiologies.Often it occurs in people who smoke, diabetics, people with weak immunity, as well as those who ignore regular oral hygiene.
Stomatological causes of inflammation
First of all, pus appears due to the accumulation of bacteria in the pericardium pocket.Abscess in it often occurs due to untimely treatment of gum disease: gingivitis, periodontitis, periodontitis, periodontitis.
One of the causes of purulent inflammation of the gums is the untimely treatment of gum disease
Often, gingivitis over the tooth occurs after a previous mucosal injury - a fragment of a tooth fragment after a fight or an unsuccessful fall, an illiterate setting of a denture or a carelessly sealed filling with a sharp edge.Household oversight is also common - picking in the tooth with homemade matches, needles, pins, etc.Remember, this is not a method of treatment.
What if you found pus under the tooth or in the gums?
Treatment by medical methods
It is best to immediately go to dentistry in case of detection of purulent foci.Treatment, as a rule, is carried out in the hospital of neurosurgery.
There the attending physician will prescribe anti-inflammatory therapy, which includes antibiotics, lotions from antiseptic solutions and procedures for cleaning the peri-toot pocket.
It is forbidden to take antibiotics without the permission and appointment of the attending physician.The choice of antibacterial treatment can be determined only after deciphering the analysis of a sample of microflora taken from the festering site.
If an abscess occurs, immediate surgical intervention is required, which involves the following:
- The dental surgeon cuts the abscess tissue, performs an outflow of purulent mass, and cleans the cavity of the pocket with medical antiseptic solutions;
- in the event of periodontal damage or the process of tooth decay perform its treatment or amputation;
- is prescribed maintenance therapy with antibiotics, analgesics, and special rinse solutions( furacilin, potassium permanganate, 3% hydrogen peroxide, chlorhexidine, etc.).
When purulent gingival inflammation should be referred to a dentistAddress to a specialist is the best solution, because the effects of purulent inflammation can cost you not only healthy teeth, but also health, because if an untimely solution to the problem canTo start contaminating the blood.
But what if there is pus from the gum near the tooth, what to treat, if there is no immediate way to go to dentistry?
The first aid you can provide yourself is to rinse the oral cavity with antiseptic and antimicrobial agents, a weak solution of manganese, a mixture of baking soda with salt and iodine, medicinal herbs.
To reduce painful feelings, it is allowed to drink some painkillers alone( tempalgin, analgin, paracetamol, spasmalgon, etc.).
Also gentle, but thorough hygiene of the mouth is also mandatory: the remains of food are carefully removed from the diseased tooth, after which the mouth should be rinsed with a solution of chlorhexidine or furacilin.
To ease the pain, only cool compresses, ice or objects( coins, frozen meats, etc.) can be applied.It also helps to slow the spread of inflammatory processes for a short time.
Let's consider in more detail what to do if the gum is swollen and festering.
As we have already explained, home treatment is aimed at reducing pain syndrome and slowing down inflammation.Also some folk methods allow to accelerate the regeneration of tissues after opening abscesses, to prevent their occurrence in the future.
- Soda-salt solution.Excellent means for disinfection of affected areas, which can be prepared in almost every home.On a glass of boiling water, add 1 teaspoon baking soda, as much salt and a couple drops of iodine( if any).Mix the mixture until the components are completely dissolved and cool to a temperature slightly warmer than room temperature.This solution can rinse your mouth 3-4 times a day, and after eating, before going to sleep and after rest.Ice and cold water.
- .If the swelling of the gum is accompanied by swelling of the cheeks, as well as severe cutting and stitching pain, cold( ice slice, bag of meat or a drink from the freezer) or rinse the area with ice water( if there is no increased sensitivity of the teeth).
In case of acute pain to the affected area, cold should be applied
- Solution of peroxide.For preparation we use 3% preparation, which we dilute with water in a ratio of 1 to 1. Such a preparation perfectly disinfects and disinfects the oral cavity, slows the development of pathological microflora.Rinse should be done no more often than once a day.Excellent as a supportive therapy after the dissection of the surgeon abscess.
Folk methods of therapy
How to get rid of pus in the gum folk methods?In some cases, traditional medicine can achieve remarkable results without the need for chemical components.
- Green tea.We all know that this drink contains antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory and astringent effect.Brew a cup of large-leaf tea of the highest grade( the drink must be strong) and you can rinse your mouth during the day unlimited times.
- Infusion of chamomile.Chamomile petals have long been valued for antiseptic properties.To prepare the infusion, pour 2 tablespoons of pharmacy collection of a glass of boiling water and let stand for 20 minutes.After that, the drink is filtered, cooled and you can rinse.
Aloe.Many people at home use this plant for decorative purposes, but in vain.Aloe vera, from the age of 2 years, acquires valuable properties: it disinfects, cleanses, relieves inflammation, prevents the development of complications.
Aloe - a popular treatment for purulent inflammation of the gums
Take a tight juicy leaf of the plant( tear off the lower branch), cut the spines, divide in half, separate the juice and apply it to the affected area of the gum.
- Plantain.What to do if the tooth is suppurated, and in the nearest pharmacy the necessary herbal preparations are not found?Psyllium leaves are available on the roads of the city.If you find it in the yard, then before applying to the wound, rinse the leaf thoroughly.
- Burdock.To treat an inflamed wound in the gums, it is the root of the plant that is suitable.On an empty stomach should be thoroughly chewed fresh root, after which the crushed mass is wrapped in gauze and worn near the purulent hearth all day.
- Propolis ointment.Effective against fresh wounds, purulent ulcers, abscesses, stomatitis, etc.For cooking, we need 100 ml of olive oil, in which we add 10 g of crushed propolis.The mixture should be heated, stirring, and then strain and cool.The resulting ointment is used to lubricate the affected areas of the oral cavity.
Whatever methods you use, it is important to remember one thing - prompt treatment to a dentist is necessary, even if you feel a temporary relief.