Operational staff: instructions and duties. Who are the operational staff
Operational personnel in electrical installations are a staff that performs direct maintenance and management of electrical components. Its duties include:
- control over the serviceability of electrical installations;
- operational switching;
- preparation of a workplace for employees;
- the admission of employees and the supervision of them;
- performance of planned maintenance operations.
A bit of theory
Monitoring of electrical installationsis carried out through inspection - this is one of the most important items in the list of duties of operational personnel. Firstly, a regular inspection excludes the possibility of an accident, and secondly, it ensures the safety of employees performing work under stress.
Responsibilities of operational staff
When examining a particular partelectrical equipment, employees need to know what should be noted first and that may indicate a breakdown. To do this, one must have a strong sense of responsibility for someone else's life and great concentration, otherwise the consequences can be irreversible.
Usually the electrical equipment is inspected in a clear mannera certain sequence, that is, the operational staff is following a pre-approved route. As a rule, scheduled inspection of electrical installations is carried out at least 2 times per day. In the event that the substation lacks maintenance personnel, it can be carried out once a day.
However, in addition to daily examinations, there are alsoextraordinary. They are carried out after adverse weather conditions - during a heavy snowfall, glaciation, with squally wind and rain. At night, at least 2 times a month, with abundant fog or rain, contact connections are checked for excessive heat of coronary charges.
Also, special inspections are conducted at the appearance ofemergency situation due to automatic switching-off of electrical equipment. In this case, first check whether the installation is damaged and whether it works correctly (for example, whether the oil is being thrown out, the switch is active, there are no little noise or smell of burning, etc.). Particularly thorough examination is conducted after a thunderstorm. In this case, open distribution devices are viewed, such as surge arresters, voltage limiters and the like.
Principles of work of electrical installation staff
The result of the work of operational staff onThe inspection of electrical installations is always fixed in the documentation of the unit itself, and then approved. Also, the record is duplicated in the operational document and sent to the on-duty dispatcher, which is the higher-level link. He, too, in turn, takes appropriate measures when an emergency is found to prevent it. In this case, the dispatcher plans repair work to eliminate violations in the functionality of electrical installations.
In critical cases, for example, emergencya situation that is likely to endanger people's lives or the integrity of electrical equipment, operational personnel need to take control of the situation and take immediate measures to eliminate the danger that has arisen. In other cases, employees in the detection of defects in the operation of electrical installations should first of all let the senior management know about this, and after that, under its supervision, the elimination of these defects should be carried out. It should be noted that inspection of the electrical equipment of the stations is required in accordance with the safety rules for the operation of electrical installations using the necessary personal protective equipment in order to avoid accidents and deaths.
Who are the operational staff
To be allowed to inspect electrical installations,pass the necessary training course on the subject of labor protection, fire safety. Also it is necessary to know the special instructions of the operational personnel for servicing this or that equipment and other normative documents. In addition, employees must have a certain electrical safety group, in particular the third.
So, here is a short list of requirements for electrical safety in groups:
- IIIGroup.The one who belongs to the operational staffthird group, must master the key principles of electrical engineering. To work with an electrical installation, you need knowledge of the order of its maintenance and the safety rules for its operation, including the conditions for access to work. Also, in order to exclude an accident, a specialist of the third group is obliged to know the rules for using protective equipment and special requirements concerning the work being done. Thus, each of the leading members of staff should be able to ensure a safe course of tasks and monitor the operational staff in electrical installations. In addition, employees need to know how to get rid of the harmful effects of current, and also be able to provide first aid to the victim of electric shock.
- IVGroup.Specialist of the fourth group is obliged to ownin-depth knowledge and skills in electrical engineering, such as understanding the circuits of the electrical equipment of the site. So, the volume of his knowledge should correspond to a profile educational institution. In addition, operational personnel must be familiarized with such documents as MOTAP, PUE, PTEI and PPR within the framework of his office.
- VGroup.Employees of the fifth group of electrical safetyit is necessary to know well the schemes of electrical installations and equipment layout. Not only have an ideal knowledge of intersectoral labor protection rules, but also understand what caused this or that requirement. The expert of this group is obliged to create absolutely safe conditions for the work and to carry out the management of the use of electrical installations under any voltage, be it less than 1000 V or more than 1000 V. Also, the fifth group corresponds to working with the operational staff of the lower level to conduct a health and safety briefing, and besides this training their safety rules and methods of providing first aid.
Checking and working with employees
It must be said that if an employee is transferred fromone electrical installation up to 1000 V for another, over 1000 V, then he will have to again check his electrical safety knowledge. Each post has its own set of skills and their scope. In order to approve knowledge and group, a commission of at least five persons who themselves have group V up to and above 1000 V must be present during verification. Otherwise, the employee will not be transferred to another electrical installation.
Also there are mandatory forms of work with operational personnel, such as:
- introductory, unscheduled and repeated briefings on labor protection;
- briefing on fire safety;
- anti-fire and fire fighting trainings;
- continuous professional development.
The work of operational personnel plays an important rolein safety, and on the level of his qualification depend the lives of many employees in electrical installations. In addition, the activities of these people sometimes provide the population with heat and electricity.