Man against ants. 1-0 in your favor!
Neighborhood with insects, regardless of whether they settle in the kitchen, in the hallway or living room, is always unpleasant. And if it is a horde of hated each mistress of hymenoptera, devouring everything in its path, then it is time to sound the alarm and take emergency measures. In our article we will explain how to get rid of ants in the house.
What harm do ants do?
Ants in a house are like a natural disaster. Crawling in the corners and walking freely on the floor and furniture, seemingly harmless ants cause significant damage:
- first, destroy food. They especially like sweets: sugar, honey, sweets, but ants do not shy away from other foods;
- secondly, damage the house and furniture. Laying out passages and arranging for themselves a nest-anthill, these insects are able to exude furniture, floor and walls;
- thirdly, they carry infections and worms. Traveling through garbage containers and landfills, these hymenopterans bring pathogenic microorganisms into their homes,which, from their little legs, get into the food, and with it into our body.
The question why ants appear in the house is difficult to answer. The main bait is food. Left unprinted food, unwashed dishes, crumbs on the table, sprinkled sugar - all this attracts voracious insects.
Therefore, the basic rule of prevention is to maintain cleanliness:
- Products should be stored in a sealed form: bags, cans, plastic containers;
- take out the garbage regularly, not allowing it to turn into a feeder for harmful insects;
- do not leave dirty dishes on the table and in the sink;
- check the walls and floors for cracks and repair the holes;
- regularly do the cleaning, washing the floor in the kitchen with a solution of vinegar - its smell scares the ants;
- About once a week, treat the vent with a piece of ants.
However, there are cases when perfect order reigns in the rooms, and the red ants in it still settled. Let's figure it out togetherhow to get rid of ants in the house.
Chemical methods of dealing with ants
The easiest way is to buy in the storeant medicineand poison the nimble insects.Try to find the way in which insects enter the apartment. To do this, put an open container with sweet water or syrup for the night, and in the morning follow where the sticky trail leads. After that, ant poison comes into play.
Today, manufacturers offer several varieties of insecticides:
- aerosols "Taiga", "Dikhlofos", "Combat multispray", "Raptor", "Fumitoks" and others. Fumitox has a flexible nozzle that allows access to hard-to-reach places, and Raptor instantly destroys insects;
- microgranules "Get". They are scattered close to the anthill, and the running insects catch the poison on the paws, bringing it into the nest, after which they poison themselves and poison others;
- gels from ants "Rubit", "Storm", "DETA". The principle of operation is the same as that of microgranules;
Practice shows that the poison from the ants is effective, but it has one big disadvantage - it is harmful to people and animals, and therefore insecticides can be used only in places that are not accessible to children and pets.
How to bring ants folk remedies?
BUThow to deal with ants folk remedies? Many sites recommend the use of smells: insects do not like the scent of lavender, mint, rosemary, eucalyptus and try to get away from them. But the problem is that after leaving one place, these small pests will definitely appear in another. Therefore, scaring is not the best way to get rid of ants.
We advise you to try the following methods:
- poison from borax. Borax mix with sugar and dissolve in water, leaving this syrup on a saucer. Insects must disappear within a week;
- coffee grounds. After drinking coffee, do not rush to get rid of sediment - it perfectly interrupts the smell of ant trails. If you find an anthill outside the house, sprinkle coffee grounds around it. Because of her, working ants will not find their way home and will not bring food to the colony. As a result, only insects born into the world will die of hunger;
- boric acid. Pour something sweet in a saucer (honey with water, syrup, sugar solution), encircling it with a path of boric acid powder so that the insects could get to the sweet, just by touching the powder. On their paws, they will bring poison into the colony, and you can get rid of ants.Be careful: access for children and pets to the saucer should be closed;
- corn flour. Scatter it in places where insects have been observed. Hardworking ants will find it, bring it to the nest and try to eat it. But their bodies are not able to digest it, with the result that the end comes.
Listen to the advice of physicians to help get rid of ants in the house and apartment:
Telling how to get rid of ants in the house, we armed you with effective methods of combating harmful insects. We hope that now they will never appear in your apartment.