How to sew a coat?
Every year, a large number of women becomebefore the problem: what to wear in the fall and winter. And it seems like cabinets are bursting with the amount of outerwear, but there is still nothing to wear. Each season, buying new coats, coats and jackets can be very costly and not everyone can afford it. In addition, many prefer to wear exclusive items. It is in such cases that sewing at home is helpful. Let's try today to consider how to sew a coat at home, and what is needed for this.
We choose the material
The first and probably the most difficult step ischoosing the material of your future coat. If you are going to sew an autumn, demi-season coat, then the choice is easier, but if you have to create your own winter winter coat, then the choice of material will have to be taken more responsibly. Many women prefer cashmere. Cashmere - wool of a special breed of goats, quite expensive material, but very pleasant to the touch, perfectly retains heat and practically does not crumple and does not get dirty. The main disadvantage of cashmere is that with a long and constant toe on the cloth appear pellets, which are quite difficult to get rid of. Also warm are a tweed coat. Such coats are more durable, the fabric does not burn under the sun's rays, they also do not crumple and when properly placed on the figures, hide all the shortcomings. In most cases, now use mixed fabrics. If you choose this kind of fabric, pay attention to the composition of the fabrics. Choose fabrics with a high content of wool, it is due to the coat coat can be warm. But on the other hand, pure wool without impurities of synthetic fabrics is very difficult to fit beautifully in the figure.
Correctly to take measurements is not difficult at all, but forthis you need the help of a friend or someone else. When removing the measurements, you should consider what kind of clothes you will wear under your coat, if you are supposed to wear thick sweaters, you should add one or two centimeters to all parameters. You should also consider what kind of underwear you will wear, if you prefer pantyhose or underwear with a pulling effect, then all this must be taken into account. Naturally, even a very well-sewn thing can sit on you badly because of incorrectly taken measurements.
How to actually take measurements? It should be smooth, relaxed and straight, while the other takes measurements. The measurements are taken from the following places.
- chest girth - measured at the level of the axillae at the most prominent points of the breast;
- girth under the breast - measured by the tape passing under the chest and under the shoulder blades;
- Waist girth - measured at the narrowest point of the waist;
- Hip circumference - measured at the most prominent points of the buttocks;
- height of the chest - measured from the highest point of the shoulder seam to the protruding point of the chest;
- length of the back to the waist - measured from the 7th cervical vertebra to the waist line;
- the width of the back is measured between the two axillae;
- length of the side - measured from the armpit to the waist line;
- length of the shoulder - measured from the base of the neck to the shoulder joint;
- length of the sleeve - measured with a slightly bent at the elbow arm from the articulation of the shoulder with hand through the elbow to the wrist;
- girth of the hand - measured around the arm in the region of the axilla;
- The length of the product is measured from the 7th cervical vertebra in the middle of the back to the desired length.
You have chosen and purchased the necessary material foryour future coat. Now you have to choose the style that you prefer. In order to learn how to sew a coat with your own hands so that it suits you best, you can go shopping, try on various coats and see which you want to make for your beloved.
On the site www.osinka.ru you will find variations of patterns for every taste from any fabric and on any shape. Consider a variation of one pattern. I chose a leather trench coat. Sami patterns are presented in * dfx format. The program for viewing pictures of this format can be downloaded here. After downloading directly the patterns themselves, which, incidentally, are mainly presented there for representatives of 40-52 size, you just have to transfer the patterns to your fabric, cut out all the necessary details and start sewing.
How to sew a winter coat? To warm a coat is better than batting, but not sintepon. Batting is better for heating, besides, in wet weather, you do not get the impression that you are in a bath. The coat, filled with batting, will warm you and in windy weather, unlike artificial heaters.
Sewing the coat itself is not so difficult asmay seem at first glance. Of course, this requires some skills, but believe me, in a couple of days, sewing will become your usual occupation, and all actions will be performed on the machine. The main thing in this matter is to have patience, time and then everything will necessarily turn out for you.