How to escape from the heat in the train? Little tricks travelers
A trip to the long-awaited vacation can turn into a torment if you find yourself in a train where the temperature exceeds 30 ° C. How to escape from the heat, protecting yourself from heatstroke and making the stay in the car bearable, we will tell in our article.
Start preparing for the trip.
The best way to avoid the heat and heat during a trip "to the south" is to use the services of an air carrier or go on a trip in your own car with a working air conditioner. Alas, such expenses are not affordable for everyone, but because some of our compatriots are forced to resort to the services of railway transport, and there, unfortunately, passenger comfort is not always taken care of.
However, by following our advice, you can minimize the inconvenience associated with the train ride andescape the heatreigning in most wagons.
First, take care to purchase your tickets in advance.Having managed to do it on the first day of sales, you will get a chance to buy a seat in the compartment where air conditioners are usually installed. Be sure to ask the cashier if the car is equipped with a climate system. In the case of a negative answer, find out which train it is in and try to buy a ticket for it.
Secondly, stock up on the road with enough water - at least 2 liters per person. Someone will object: I will sweat! Yes, you will, but the sweat cools the body, and therefore drink and sweat on health.
Third, choose the right clothes for the trip. No latex-fitting pants made of polyester and blouses. In the stuffy car will not be a beauty. Therefore, put on the road only spacious things from natural fabrics - cotton and flax. They do not interfere with heat transfer and do not add extra degrees to your body temperature.
It would not be superfluous to consider a road ration Of course, the food will not get hotter or cooler, but by choosing the right foods, you will greatly facilitate the work of the stomach and intestines, and thus get rid of possible discomfort caused by their malfunctions. In the heat it is better not to eat fatty, spicy, salty and floury. It is also better to exclude milk in order to avoid souring.Lean on fruits, vegetables and beans.
How to move the heat on the road?
We have already written about the "30 ways to cope with the heat" at home and at work. BUTwhat to do if it's hotin the train? Here are some tips from travelers who have already had to deal with this problem:
- open the windows, but be careful: you can slip through. Therefore, it is better to stay on the shelves where you will be with your back to the direction of the train. Without such an opportunity, at least sit away from the window, and at night lie down with your feet, not your head;
- Take a large piece of gauze from the house, periodically soak it in water and cover your shoulders. We didn’t think about gauze in time - find a replacement for it, for example, towels, which are given out with bed linen in trains.
Some travelers advise to take a spray gun with you and irrigate your face and hands with water or wipe them with a damp cloth. But the effect of such cooling is very short-lived, so you should not count on it, although it can be considered as an additional way to escape from the heat;
- wet your hair in water - it also helps to cool in the heat. Do not want to go with wet hair, then collect them in the tail, ensuring unhindered access of air to the neck;
- Try using standalone battery-powered fans. They are sold in home appliances stores and are relatively inexpensive;
- often go out into the street or at least in the vestibule. Buy ice cream and cool water, but know the measure, because you risk catching a cold and ruining your vacation;
- to escape from the heat, use improvised means for additional ventilation, for example, a fan, purchased in advance in a store or made from a newspaper;
- drink more, but in no case do not drink coffee and alcohol, including beer, even cold. Alcohol is bad for the body's ability to tolerate heat, and that, in turn, enhances its effect, and you can get very drunk.
More about thathow to cool the bodyfor a minute, look in the video of Elena Malysheva:
And finally, we add: for the railway, sanitary rules have been developed and approved, which specify the maximum temperature regime in trains. You can call the conductor, measure the temperature in the presence of witnesses and demand to transfer you to another car with a lower temperature.
If you are lucky, and there will be free places in the train, you will be prompted to proceed. Otherwise, you will have the opportunity to fix the fact of the temperature violation and then demand damages from the railway.