How to connect two tables in the "Word" (2003, 2007, 2010)?
Novice users are afraid of someThe cases that prevent them from working in the office software package. One such situation is the occurrence of a problem, how to connect two tables in the "Word". After all, the algorithm of actions varies, depending on the version of Microsoft Word.
Introduction to Microsoft Word
Probably, every user already knows thisA program like Word from the Office suite of Microsoft Office. This text editor is the most popular all over the world. I'm glad that Word provides many opportunities for typing and formatting text. And if you have any questions about how to join two tables in Word, or how to insert a picture, you can find an accessible and understandable answer to all.
So, what are the main features of Word:
- Create bulleted and numbered lists.
- Displaying unprintable characters.
- Align the text fragment to different positions.
- Inserting a break in pages, paragraphs.
- Assigning headers and footers.
- Insert pictures, page numbers, various objects from other programs, characters that are not present on the keyboard.
- Creation of tables (matrices) and art-objects.
And this is not all the features of a text editor.
Joining Tables in Word 2003
To join two matrices in Word, you need to observeone main condition: the number of columns should be the same. To get out of the current situation and answer the question of how to join the two tables in Word 2003, you need:
- Set the cursor in the line of the gap between two objects;
- press the "Delete" button several times until the merger occurs.
If the column width of one matrix differs fromdata indexes in another object, then you need to apply the command "Align Column Width". To call it, select the table, press the RMB and select the desired item. It is not necessary to be frightened, that according to tabular data one column should be wider, another - already. After combining objects, you can manually adjust this figure.
Connecting tables in Word 2007 and other versions
In a situation where it is not clear how to connect twotables in the "Word 2007", there is a very simple solution. Even the novice user is able to perform this operation. To do this, you just need to adhere to the following algorithm:
- Select an object that will be merged with its "second" half.
- Copy the fragment in one of the known ways:
- Press CTRL + C;
- click the right mouse button on the selected fragment and select "Copy";
- click the "Copy" button on the toolbar.
- Place the cursor above or below the original matrix with which to merge.
- On the "Paste" button, on the toolbar,attaching arrow. It needs to be clicked and select the item "Insert table by adding". Alternatively, when you insert a table, a small button appears with a context menu, from which you can select one of the necessary commands.
This algorithm is suitable not only for the 2007 version, butand for the rest, since the subsequent editions of Word did not bring about global changes in the interface of the program. Therefore, considering how to connect two tables in Word 2010, adhere to the specified algorithm. The main thing - do not forget to delete unnecessary characters and spaces between two objects.
Now no one should be bothered by the question of how to connect the two tables in the "Word".