Homemade boxes (with their own hands) from an adhesive tape with laces (photo)
If you like creating interesting things and youconstantly looking for new ideas, you will be interested in this material. Make caskets yourself with scotch tape and lace. They turn out beautiful due to the correct round shape and decor that you use. How to create such a thing, read on.
Caskets made of scotch with lace and other decorcan be a great gift for mom, grandmother, girlfriend. In such a souvenir it is pleasant to store jewelry and various female trifles. In addition to lace, the base can be made of beautiful paper or in the technique of decoupage. If you decorate the boxes in different styles, they will be suitable as a presentation for your birthday, for March 8, and even for the New Year.
To make caskets yourself with scotch tape and lace, you will not need anything complicated. Prepare the following:
- Pencil or pen.
- Glue or thermo gun.
- Needle with thread.
No matter which casket you will bedo, these items will be useful to you anyway. You may need something extra to decorate the souvenir, but this will depend on the technique used.
To make caskets yourself with scotch tape and lace, you will need the following supplies:
- A reel (ring) of scotch tape or any othercardboard tube from a roll of paper, linoleum, etc. Long billet can be cut into pieces of different sizes, which will make boxes of different heights.
- Cardboard, preferably thicker, to make the bottom and cover.
- Cloth for tightening the base.
- Satin ribbons (better for the color of the material) in order to close the joints and make these places invisible.
- Wide and narrow lace.
- Decorative elements (beads, details in the technique of quilling, flowers from fabric, embroidery with ribbons).
Box of scotch with lace by hand: master class
The general sequence of actions will be as follows:
- Take the bobbin from the tape and wrap it with tape or thread. So you will measure the length of the fabric that will be required to tighten the base.
- Cut out the rectangle of the measured length from the material. Its width should be greater than the height of the ring from the scotch, to bend the edges inward, making them neat.
- Make the bottom according to the technology described in the corresponding section.
- Put a rectangle in front of you, cut outearlier. From the wrong side, draw two lines corresponding to the upper and lower edges of the workpiece. On both long sides, make incisions, not reaching the drawn lines.
- Apply glue to the outer surface of the reel. Glue the base, and bend the top and bottom edges to the other side.
- The inner surface is done by the same procedure, only without allowances.
- Glue on all the satin ribbons in the tone basis.
- Make a cover by any of the methods below.
- Take a wide lace, measure the strip of the desired length, cut it. Glue the element on the surface of the box.
- Narrow lace can be placed around the perimeter near the lid or bottom;
- Decorate the product at your discretion.
In addition to this method of creating a foundation, you canuse the other, when you wrap the reel from the tape with lace, passing it through the ring and laying layer by layer. In this way, both the inner and outer decorative surface of the box are obtained at once. After that, the bottom is glued and a lid is made.
You will get the same spectacular casket fromscotch tape with lace. The photos in the article show how beautiful and varied such souvenirs can look. Tone bases are used both white and color. It is easy to make it both from fabric and from material with lace, and it's not even difficult to tie it together. Combining several techniques, it's easy to create a spectacular gift.
How to make a bottom
So that you get a casket of scotch tape withlace, your own hands created with all the wishes in mind, you need to accurately and in size make the bottom. It is better to perform it from two circles corresponding to the inside and outside diameter of the reel from the scotch tape.
So, do the following:
- Take the cardboard and draw around it the workpiece of the base along the inner and outer circumference.
- Cut out both elements. They can be glued the way they are, if you have a beautiful cardboard of the right color. You only need to gently work the edges of the workpieces with sandpaper or a normal nail file. But it will be much more effective to look at the box, in which the bottom is made of the same fabric as the walls. In this case, proceed to the next step.
- Take the material that was used to tighten the base. Put the circles on it and circle them, retreating about 2.5 cm.
- Cut out both blanks.
- Run along the circumference, stepping about 1 cm from the edges, stitches.
- Do not fix the thread, take a cardboard circle(internal or external), place it on the fabric template and pull it down on the back of the fabric. Fasten and cut the thread.
- So, before you are two blanks, in which one side is flat, and the second with the assembly. Now insert the smaller circle inside the casket assembly downward. Joints are better for gluing.
- From the outside, glue a large circle assembly inward. Places of connections can be decorated with a satin ribbon in the tone of matter.
How to make a lid quickly
In order for you to get a fulla casket of scotch with laces with your own hands, you must always make the top part, which can be closed and opened. The simplest option is when the lid is simply put on top, but in this case it can fall off, which will be very inconvenient during operation. Solve this problem easily by attaching a small piece of satin ribbon to the lid and to the base. To the edge of the element is not very attracted attention, it is easy to decorate them with beads or flowers.
The second way of making the lid
If you want to learn how to make a casket fromScotch with lace with a beautiful and comfortable lid of a higher height, study the following method. It will take a little longer, but the part will fit tightly into the casket and stay on it. The sequence of work will be as follows:
- Circle on the cardboard one or two internalthe diameter of the reel and several external ones. The thickness of the cover will depend on the number of blanks. Want to make it higher, take a cardboard thicker and make three or four large blanks.
- Glue the same elements together. You will get two thick mugs of different diameters.
- From the fabric, cut out two blanks just as you did for the bottom, only the dimensions take it taking into account the thickness of the lid elements.
- Both parts need to be covered with material, as inthe case with the bottom. If you want, you can make the top of the cover three-dimensional. It is enough only to put some sintepon or a foam blank between the cloth and the cardboard blank.
- Details are glued together using the same technology as the assemblies inside.
- The outer part of the cover can be decorated in any way. If you are doing embroidery, and it is more convenient to perform it before installing the cardboard base, do not forget about it.
If necessary, you can make a cover on the casket. To do this, you need to make an additional strip and perpendicularly attach it along the edge of the round workpiece.
How to decorate a box of scotch with lace
First of all, the lace itself can serve as a decor. Choose it in different shades and widths. Cover the base with it and make a three-dimensional decoration for the cover.
In addition, you can use other options:
- embroidery with satin ribbons or volumetric threads;
- Kansas technique;
- scrapbooking, when the base is initially pasted not with fabric, but with beautiful textured paper with patterns, and on top are attached lace strips, for example, along the upper and lower edge of the box;
- the same can be done in the technique of decoupage;
- use beads, flowers, beads.
You saw how easy it is to makecaskets with their own hands made of scotch with lace and other decor. Such souvenirs are obtained not worse than those purchased, and, most importantly, do not require any material investment. After all, everything is done literally from waste.