Gentle, juicy, tasty - this is it - kebab!
How to marinate skewers? This is a rather topical issue, since this dish is so rooted in Russian cuisine that it is difficult to find another product that deserves the same attention.
Not a single trip to nature, a country house, the shore of a reservoir, can be done without a kebab, and the reason for leaving is absolutely not important. Kebab is good for the holiday, and great for a spontaneous party. How to cook shish kebab so that it turns out to be tender, incredibly tasty and juicy?
Pork Shish Kebab
There is a great variety of recipes for such a tasty dish, and often pork is used as a raw material.
Marinated pork kebabs will be the most successful if you listen to the helpful advice of true chefs:
Vinegar can be used for marinade!
This type of meat, unlike the others, is marinated in vinegar. Moreover, the pork will not work hard, because its fibers have a certain structure. Marinade based on vinegar for pork is very simple, which contributes to a significant reduction in cooking time.For example, to get a kebab, ready to go on the grill, it is enough to mix sugar and vinegar in water, pour the marinade into meat and leave it warm for 3 hours.
Marinate meat for shashlik should be at least 12 hours in the refrigerator.
Only in this way is it marinated with high quality and saturated with marinade nutrients. Yes, there are quick options for the preparation of raw materials, but they will not allow to achieve a similar result.
Adding vegetable oil is not required!
Pork is meat that is especially fat, does not require additional oils. Usually, their use is due to the fact that they “seal” the meat pieces to prevent the juice from flowing out and to create a crisp crust. In the case of pork, while on the grill, it is necessary that part of the fat is melted from it. And for this you need to marinated meat cooked without butter.
The best recipes for pork shish kebab
Consider a few recipes for cooking unusual kebabs. The first one is based on vinegar, for this you need to prepare the following:
- 1.5 kg of pulp;
- 60 ml of 9% vinegar;
- 15 g sugar;
- 3 onion heads;
- 8 tablespoons of boiled water;
- salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation includes the following steps:
- Meat is cleared of excess and cut into pieces of medium or large (optional) size.
- The meat is rubbed with salt and pepper, thoroughly mixed.
- Onions should be peeled and cut into rings or half rings, add it to the meat.
- Vinegar is diluted with water at room temperature, sugar is put in here, and the kebab is poured with the mixture.
- Everything is mixed, covered and placed under pressure in the fridge.
Another no less delicious recipe with the addition of mayonnaise. Kebab marinated in mayonnaise - not the most useful option, but has excellent taste. To enhance the usefulness of the product, it is recommended to use a sauce prepared by yourself. It can be made from egg yolk, mustard, vinegar and vegetable oil.
The composition of the pork kebab includes the following:
- 1 kg of pork;
- 250 ml of mayonnaise sauce;
- 4 large onions;
- pepper and salt to taste.
How to marinate pork skewers in mayonnaise? Preparation includes the following steps:
- The meat is divided into portioned pieces, it must be salted and pepper.
- Let the meat stand for 10-15 minutes so that it is salted.
- It should be added to the meat sauce, but so that it does not cover the meat pieces, and well enveloped them.
- Onions are peeled and cut into thick rings.
- Half of the onion is placed in the meat and thoroughly mixed, and the second part is placed on top of the kebab.
- The dish should be closed with a lid and put under a press in the refrigerator.
Traditional lamb shashlik
Everyone knows that real kebabs are made from loin or lamb thigh. However, not everyone knows how to marinate lamb skewers. Indeed, compared with pork, it is more rigid, it has lived more in it, and it has a specific smell. But this can all be fixed by placing meat in a marinade of products containing acids.
There is a delicious recipe - marinated lamb skewers in vinegar. For cooking you need the following:
- 2 kg of lamb;
- 7-8 onions;
- some lemons;
- half a glass of vinegar;
- 60 ml of oil;
- salt, pepper to taste;
- Bay leaf.
Cooking such a marinade is quite simple. It is necessary to combine the meat, cut into small pieces, and the onion, crushed into rings. There is also added lemon juice, oil and vinegar. Everything is mixed, salted, peppered, a laurel leaf is added and marinated as such.
How much marinated lamb skewers depends on where this process will take place. If you marinate at room temperature, it is enough for 3 hours, and in the refrigerator conditions, the time increases to 5-6 hours. It is recommended once per hour to turn the pieces of lamb, which are in the marinade.
Kefir marinade for lamb is an option for delicate and savory lamb shashlik.
You can cook several types of marinades:
- First recipe:per kilogram of lamb will need to take a glass of kefir, 1 onion, spices and herbs - to taste. Onions are cut into rings or half rings, the greens are crushed. These two ingredients are mixed and added to kefir. Marinades are dressed with pieces of meat and pickled, the process takes 4 hours.
- Second recipe:per kilogram of meat is taken 250 ml of kefir, onion, 1 tbsp. l any vegetable oil, a little salt and black pepper - to taste. First of all, you should chop the onion, salt it, pepper and wait until it gives juice. Then it is added to vegetable oil and kefir. Everything is mixed and used as a fill for meat.
- The third option:per kilogram of meat take one and a half cups of low-fat kefir, a couple of large onions, a teaspoon of dry hops-suneli, salt and pepper with regard to taste preferences. All ingredients are mixed with onion, cut into half rings. The meat is in kefir marinade for at least 3 hours.
Tender Chicken Skewers
Chicken kebab is the most delicate and dietary dish of the above. For these purposes it is best to use a young small chicken, which weighs no more than one and a half kg. Preference should be given to the cooled product.
If there is no choice, and the kebab is frozen, then you should not strive to quickly defrost the meat with warm water or a microwave, as from the chicken prepared in this way can get a hard and dry dish. It is best to slowly defrost on the shelf of the refrigerator.
If you marinate chicken kebab for the first time, you should be careful, because if the recipe is not followed, the kebab may turn out to be dry. In this regard, white meat is particularly capricious.
There are many recipes for chicken marinade, but do not recommend keeping this meat in vinegar. There are more tender marinade options, for example, nutty, for quick pickling. It is used when there is no time to wait, but the taste does not suffer at all.
Per kilo of chicken fillet is taken:
- a pair of onions;
- half a cup of nuts - walnuts or peanuts;
- several garlic cloves;
- 1/2 tspspices (ground cumin, turmeric, red and black pepper) and 1 spoon of ground ginger.
- 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce;
- 200 ml of sunflower oil;
The bulbs should be finely chopped, chopped garlic using a press, and the nuts should be ground in a mortar. Peanuts are pre-fried. All components are connected, mixed and infused for about 30-40 minutes.
You can use the marinade for Iranian kebabs. Products are taken on the basis of 1 kg of chicken:
- half a liter of water, used warm;
- 100 ml of fresh lemon juice;
- 1 tbsp. l black chalk pepper;
- 5 tooth. garlic;
Preparing the marinade, then injected it into pieces of meat with a syringe.
Honey-wine marinade for chicken is also notable for simplicity of preparation and perfect taste. At 1 kg will need:
- 100 ml of white (better than dry) wine;
- 1 tbsp. lie natural melted honey;
- ground nutmeg and pepper are taken from the spices.
The ingredients are combined and the resulting mixture is poured on pieces of meat. Skewers marinated in about 2.5-3 hours.
Luchok to kebabs
A tasty addition to kebabs is onion, which is also marinated. To prepare it you need:
- 3 bulbs (you can take any variety);
- 12 tbsp.spoons of 9% vinegar;
- 3 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 2 tbsp. lie salt with a hill;
- 3 cups boiled and pre-cooled water;
- fresh dill.
Marinated onions are prepared for shish kebabs as follows: onion rings are placed in a jar, and marinade is prepared from other products. Moreover, they do it without boiling. Onions pour marinade, close the lid and put in the fridge for half an hour. A fragrant, juicy onion, which is a great addition to meat, is ready.
Shish kebab is a delicious hearty dish, which in itself is an event. And every time you can pamper yourself and your loved ones with a new, original recipe!