"Egilok Retard." All you need to know about the drug
Today we will talk about an effectiveantianginal, antihypertensive and antiarrhythmic drug. Many people know the ailments associated with the cardiovascular system and, accordingly, the difficult choice of medications. "Egilok Retard", the instruction of which will be given below, is a cardioselective drug blocking β-adrenergic receptors. He does not have internal membrane-stabilizing and sympathomimetic activity.
"Egilok Retard." Indications
Most often, doctors prescribe this drug if the patient is diagnosed with one of the following diagnoses:
- angina pectoris;
- violation of the heart rhythm - tachycardia, tachyarrhythmia, arrhythmia;
- myocardial infarction;
- hypertension arterial;
- prevention of migraine, tremor;
- anxious state.
Among the conditions in which this medication can not be taken is especially isolated:
- hypersensitivity to some components that make up the composition;
- the age is less than 18 years;
- the period of breastfeeding;
- II and III degrees of AV blockade;
- simultaneous administration of verapamil and MAO inhibitors;
- SSSU and sinoatrial blockade;
- cardiogenic shock and hypotension arterial.
Quite often there are side effects from the most diverse systems of the body. There may be:
- weakness, fast fatigue, dizziness,headaches, drowsiness or insomnia, inhibition of reactions and actions, convulsions, tremor, restlessness, increased excitability, anxiety, short-term memory loss, hallucinations;
- deterioration of eyesight and hearing, dry eyes and their soreness;
- nausea, and then vomiting, severe diarrhea, as well as violations in the functions of the liver, taste changes;
- various allergies;
- Various rashes on the skin, increased sweating;
- bronchospasm, shortness of breath, nasal congestion;
- rare are: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia and agranulocytosis;
- weight gain;
- increased heart rate, heart rhythm disturbance; loss of consciousness;
- decreased potency and libido;
- bradycardia, hyper- and hypoglycemia.
"Egilok Retard" - application
The drug is taken on an empty stomach or during a mealonce a day. Dose is selected only individually on the recommendation of a doctor, and then, if necessary, can be increased. The maximum dose per day is 200 mg. With different diseases, different amounts of the drug are prescribed:
- with stenocardia of 50 mg per day (the dose may be increased to 100 mg);
- if the heart rhythm is disturbed, 50 mg are also taken;
- with migraine - 200 mg once a day;
- with arterial hypertension, 50 mg per day is prescribed (however, the dose may also increase).
An overdose of the drug
When you abuse the medicine, you get:
- nausea, vomiting, dizziness, fainting;
- bradycardia, arrhythmia, hypotension arterial;
- A severe overdose can lead to cardiogenic shock, coma and cardiac arrest.
In case of overdosage, urgent gastric lavage, application of adsorbents and symptomatic treatment of the patient are necessary.
Interaction with other drugs
Do not take "Egilok Retard" with suchdrugs such as MAO inhibitors, Verapamil, Nitroglycerin, diuretics, antihypertensives, reserpine, antiarrhythmics, cocaine, theophylline, various NSAIDs, hypnotics and antidepressants, insulin, allergens, ergot alkaloids.
"Egilok" - analogues
Analogues of the drug are the following drugs:
- "Corvitol 50", as well as "Corvitol 100";
- Metoprolol, Metrolol-Akri, Metrolol-Ratiofarm, Metroprolol-Succinate;
"Egilok Retard" is kept for 3 years. In this case, the temperature should not exceed 30 degrees.