Disease of the musculoskeletal system: causes, symptoms and prevention
Diagnosis of the disease
Examination, x-ray of the hip joint, blood test, MRI - these analyzes reveal the overall picture:
- What are the symptoms?
- What extent has the destruction of cartilage and bones?
- What is the best treatment: home or sanatorium?
- Is there a need for surgery for coxarthrosis?
- Can I use folk remedies?
There are a lot of questions. Answers to them can only give a specialist. Self-diagnosis is contraindicated.
The course of the disease
Coxarthrosis (lat. Pouch - hip + Greek. Arthron - joint) - a disease that causes hip joint deformity. Often as synonyms are used the words "arthrosis" and "osteoarthritis" - a generalized definition of disease.At stage 1 of coxarthrosis, the articular lubricant thickens. The cartilage dries out, and under the influence of friction during movement it becomes thinner. The bones, peeking out from under the cartilage, approach each other and deform. Hence the name - deforming arthrosis of the hip joint. The disease disrupts the blood flow through the vessels of the joint. Metabolism becomes slower. If you ignore the pain and do not treat coxarthrosis, the leg muscles gradually stop functioning normally.
Causes of disease
The factors that provoke coxarthrosis are:
- Blood circulation in the joint fails. Fabrics do not receive the proper amount of oxygen. They accumulate under-oxidized metabolic products. They activate the action of enzymes that destroy cartilage.
- Hormonal changes, impaired metabolism, biochemical changes in cartilage tissue.
- Overloading the hip joint. More common in athletes and overweight people.
- The main factor in the emergence of coxarthrosis in young patients is trauma.
- Passive lifestyle.
- The consequence of other diseases: inflammatory and infectious processes, aseptic necrosis of the femoral head, problems with the spine, feet.
- Predisposition: weak skeleton, congenital defects in the development of joints, metabolism, etc.
Coxarthrosis in most people occurs due to age-related changes in the body.
Symptoms of the disease
The symptoms provoking the development of coxarthrosis of the hip joint are numerous.
- Pain in the joint, hip, knee and groin. Their character with the development of coxarthrosis varies.
- Chained movement. Affected leg becomes shorter than healthy, there is lameness.
- The muscles of the thigh shrink, which often leads to spasms in the knee. And the pain in the patella seems sharper than in the groin and thigh. Therefore, the probability of an incorrectdefinition of the disease. Coxarthrosis is confused with arthrosis of the knee. The wrong treatment is prescribed. While the destruction of the hip joint becomes more intense.
Deformation of the hip joint has its 1, 2 and 3 degrees of flow. Depending on them, treatment is prescribed. Determine:
- Coxarthrosis1 degree. The growths of the bones are not serious. The boundaries of the articular lips, they do not leave. The head and neck of the hip almost do not change their shape. With 1 degree of pain appear after exercise. Mostly in the hip joint. After a rest, the state is normalized.
- Disease2 degrees.The bones extend beyond the cartilaginous rim. The neck and the head of the femur are deformed. Grade 2 of coxarthrosis is characterized by increased pain, regardless of stress. The pain is also felt in the groin. After a long walk manifests limping.
- 3 degreeprovoked extensive bone growth. Symptoms of grade 3: a person is in constant pain, cannot walk without a cane. The leg on the affected side is shortened.
Disease treatment methods
- painkillers and anti-inflammatory;
- steroid hormonal;
- relaxing muscles;
- restoring cartilage.
Medications eliminate some symptoms, but they cannot stop coxarthrosis. Their prolonged use can cause side effects.Another way is ointment treatment. Many eliminate coxarthrosis at home due to topical preparations. Use pharmacy and folk remedies. Such treatment is unlikely to bring tangible benefits. The hip joint is deep. Ointment is difficult to reach. And yet the process of rubbing stimulates blood flow, which favorably affects the patient's condition. Ointments are relevant at 1 and 2 degrees of the disease, but not in 3.
Physiotherapy is especially popular. It makes sense in stages 1 and 2. The range of services - ultrasound, dirt, electrophoresis, laser, cryo- and UHF-therapy - is provided by sanatoriums and other medical institutions.Assign massage. It is better if the specialist conducts the sessions in a sanatorium or health center. Course: 10 sessions a day, twice a year.You can do the massage yourself. But there is a risk in the absence of experience to worsen the condition of the sore foot. Together with the massage is often sent to such a procedure as stretching the joints. It is performed by a manual therapist or with the help of a traction apparatus. The purpose of the procedure is to dissolve the articular bones, to reduce the load on them.
Folk ways to get rid of the disease
While coxarthrosis is in its initial stage, treatment with folk remedies may be effective. The fundamental point is the diet. Proper nutrition should normalize the metabolism, reduce body weight, on which the load on the joint depends.It is useful to use decoctions of chamomile and sage, to take baths on the basis of salt. Treatment of folk remedies contributes to the rapid recovery in conjunction with medical procedures. Only complex treatment, using different methods, will be promising.To diagnose the extent of the disease and to appoint a medical course should a doctor. It is strictly forbidden to be treated blindly at home.