Cover material spunbond and its technical characteristics
Spunbond material belongs to the category of nonwovenmaterials, due to which it differs from the more usual polyethylene and food film. Has a high throughput: it easily conducts moisture, light and oxygen. But here in the market this material appeared relatively recently, and consumers treated it with some caution, so spunbond has gained its popularity not immediately. Due to the numerous advantages of the material, soon the spunbond will be able to replace the polyethylene film completely.
Using different types of spunbond for each time of year
Depending on the time period, the spunbondis used for various purposes. An example is the summer version of the cover material, which not only reduces the leakage of moisture and prevents overheating, but also protects against wind gusts and the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays. Spunbond promotes the passage of the required amount of oxygen and ultraviolet, which can not harm seedlings or other plants. In autumn it is used to limit the harmful effects of weather. Even under the condition of a short day in winter, the covering material showed tremendous ability to obtain a higher crop for this time of year. The use of spunbond in late autumn will create the effect of fallen snow, which protects plants from freezing, and the top layer of the soil from freezing. In spring, this material gives an opportunity to start seeding earlier. Also provides plants with excellent protection from insects during the day and frost at night.
Cover material spunbond: technical characteristics
- Has a non-woven base, extraordinarily strong and light.
- Meets all known standards of an environmentally friendly product.
- Not subject to deformation.
- Has the ability to pass oxygen and moisture.
- Protects plants from sudden temperature changes.
How spunbond is made
Spunbond is a covering material thatis produced by a spunbond method based on polypropylene by melting. After this, a lot of threads are produced, which are decomposed by means of special devices. As a result of heat treatment under the influence of high temperatures, the filaments are fused together. As a result, a very strong material is obtained, which is almost impossible to break with hands. At one stage of production, a special UV stabilizer is added to its composition, which protects the material from deformation and the destructive effects of sunlight. In contrast to the short-lived film, it can withstand up to five years of continuous operation spunbond cover material. Reviews of it from users indicate that it is worth making the final choice in favor of such a high-quality and environmentally friendly material.
Spunbond and its application
To protect against frosts of early crops, seedlings andseedlings are used spunbond - a high quality covering material, which is also called agrovoloknom. For greenhouses, it is also used as an excellent substitute for film and glass. Spunbond is a covering material that ensures the penetration of moisture and air, compared to the same glass or film, without causing a sharp temperature jump inside the greenhouse.
Application in agriculture
In agriculture, the material is used in several variants. Let's consider the main ones.
- For beds. Lightweight and sturdy material, excellent transmittance of moisture and oxygen, creates the effect of diffuse light. In addition, the greenhouse effect, present in the greenhouse throughout the day, creates a barrier to external gusts of cool air. The density of the material used is 17 g / m2. m, which contributes to the protection of plants from frost and the maintenance of an optimal internal microclimate. Among the useful properties can be identified such indicators as lowering water vapor, keeping the right temperature balance day and night, increasing the time of fruiting, good protection from pests.
- Cover material spunbond for greenhouses. The density of the material is 60 g / sq. m. It is used when sheltering the greenhouse from frost and protecting seedlings and other plants and even trees. It has the property of preserving the climate and increases the period of vegetative growth of plants. The average service life is about three years.
- Mulching is protecting the earth from wild growingweeds. For him, use a material whose density is 60 g / sq. m. It is black. This kind of spunbond differs in that the composition of the material includes a black pigment. Among the advantages can be noted such as lowering the fuel rate, supporting the desired temperature of the earth, preventing the formation of rot on the surface of root crops, reducing the growth time of weeds and the amount of pesticides used.
In conclusion, we say that the covering materialspunbond receives only positive feedback from people who used it to create greenhouses. Its advantages allow a significant expansion of the field of use of the polymer web. A polyethylene film will soon and completely be replaced by this high-quality and relatively inexpensive material.