Compressor operator: description of the profession
The compressor operator isa specialist who ensures the uninterrupted operation of the compressor unit, serves it, prepares for start-ups and stops. In work is obliged to maintain the established technological rhythm.
With the help of automation, measuring andcontrol devices, protection and signaling systems, as well as interlocks, the compressor operator makes equipment inspection and determines the causes of breakdowns, after which they eliminate them.
Job description of the compressor driversets out a list of duties for which no contraindications are necessary. If an employee has health problems, then it is strictly forbidden to work on this installation.
The operator of the compressor unit must have a vision that is resistant to rapid fatigue. Acute vision with normal coloration is one of the important criteria.
Good hearing, subtle sense of smell, developed memory are qualities that must necessarily be at a high level.
Physically difficult work requires a largeendurance. In the case of health problems, as a result of which large physical exertion and monotonous work are contraindicated, the employee must be dismissed.
Ability to work in a large team is an important personal skill, without which it is difficult to imagine the work of a mechanic.
Contraindications to work in this position are violations of the vestibular apparatus, hearing and vision impairment, predisposition to colds.
Complicated and responsible for this employeeJob. The compressor operator must have extensive knowledge in the field of chemistry, physics, and electrical engineering. Knowledge of the types and types of instrumentation and instruments are indispensable for performing work qualitatively.
Knowledge of technological processes used in production is the key to successful work.
It is also necessary to know the operating principles of the plant, the arrangement of the compressor, the electric motors, and also the instruments by which the measurements are made.
According to the guide, 5 digits are allocateddrivers of compressor installations. For each, they put forward their own requirements for professional training, and also describe the duties that the employee must perform in this position.
The ETC qualifier distinguishes the drivers of the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth categories.
The highest is the second category, the highest requirements for experience and skills are made to it. The sixth, respectively, is the lowest.
Discharges of the driver of the compressor unit are assigned according to work experience. Dependence depends on the duties, as well as the level of pay.
The second category
The operator of the compressor unit of the second category serves compressors with working pressure up to 10 kgf / cm2(1 MPa). The feed rate for this unit is 5 m3/ min.
The duties include:
- start, stop and control of compressors;
- Monitoring the operation of equipment that is auxiliary, as well as behind the compressors themselves;
- lubrication of parts of friction-testing mechanisms;
- prevention of malfunctions in compressor operation;
- elimination of the arising malfunctions;
- monitoring of the operation of safety devices;
- repair of drive engines;
- oil refilling in emergency tanks and supply tanks, as well as oil evacuation;
- participation in the repair of compressor equipment.
Knowledge for the second level
The instruction of the operator of the compressor unit assumes the availability of professional knowledge, without which it will be impossible to perform direct duties.
The employee should know:
- principles of the turbocharger;
- the working principle of a reciprocating compressor;
- operation of steam engines and turbochargers;
- principle of operation of electric motors;
- ways to troubleshoot engines and compressors;
- methods of application of instruments for measurement and control, as well as the purpose of each device;
- scheme of station pipelines;
- Working pressure and air temperature, corresponding to each mode;
- permissible temperature, to which the working unit of the unit can be heated;
- ways to eliminate overheating, as well as measures to prevent overheating;
- brands of oils used in the unit lubrication unit.
The third category
Compressor operator trainingpasses not only in the vocational school or university. There are refresher courses, after which the student is issued a certificate of conferring him a higher rank.
The employee serves turbochargers and stationary compressors with working pressure up to 10 kgf / cm2(1 MPa), feed - above 5 m3/ min. and up to 100 m3/ min. Or plants with pressures above 10 kgf / cm2(1 MPa) and feed up to 5 m3/ min. when working with non-hazardous gases driven by different engines.
For a specialist of the third level, the duties are:
- regulation and start-up of compressors, engines and turbochargers;
- maintaining the necessary parameters of the compressor;
- switching of various units;
- prevention of abnormal situations in the work of the station;
- preparation of technical documentation for the operation of the serviced equipment;
- taking part in the repair of the units and parts of the station.
Knowledge for the third level
The employee with the third level should know:
- arrangement of turbochargers, reciprocating compressors, internal combustion engines, electric motors, steam engines and plants;
- technical characteristics of the described units and the rules of their maintenance;
- the device of the control and measuring equipment, service rules and technical characteristics;
- scheme piping installation;
- documentation required for the installation;
- fundamentals of thermodynamics, as well as electrical engineering;
- properties of gases in compressor operation.
The fourth category
The operator with the indicated category serves turbochargers and stationary compressors up to 10 kgf / cm2(1 MPa). The feed rate in these installations is more than 100 m3/ min.
The work consists in:
- establishment and maintenance of an advantageous regime for the operation of the compressor;
- monitoring the serviceability of engines, instruments, mechanisms;
- participation in the inspection and repair of equipment (respectively, the qualification of a locksmith with 3 ranks).
Knowledge for the fourth grade
To perform duties at a high level, one should know:
- design features, as well as the devicevarious types of compressors, internal combustion engines, turbochargers, electric motors, complex instruments for monitoring and measurement, valves and equipment, steam engines;
- schemes for the location of pipelines, steam lines, tanks and fittings of the compressor station;
- schemes, according to which there is an automatic device for blocking the work of the station;
- technical characteristics of compressors that need to be serviced;
- the rate of electricity consumption for normal operation of the station;
- the rate of consumption of materials for the production of gases or compressed air.
The fifth-class engineer serves automated stations up to 100 m3/ min.
His duties are:
- switching, and also a conclusion in repair and in a reserve condition of the equipment;
- regulation of technical processes;
- drawing up of sheets of defects, and also sheets on equipment repair;
- repair of the equipment of the station (qualification of locksmith 4 ranks);
- repair of internal combustion engines and compressor plants in field and non-standard conditions.
Knowledge for the fifth grade
A fifth-level mechanic must know the internal arrangement well enough.
- kinematic schemes of turbochargers, electric motors, steam engines, internal combustion engines;
- devices of compressors working with high pressure;
- operating rules and characteristics of auxiliary equipment, steam engines, electric motors, turbo-compressor units;
- technological processes of the station;
- Efficiency of the compressor and applied designs and systems.
The sixth category
The work of the sixth-rank engineer requiresthe greatest concentration, and knowledge should be supported not only by theory, but also by practice. Due to the fact that the serviced units have a large capacity, the employee must be able to:
- Monitoring the correct operation of equipment throughout the station;
- regulation of the process for developing the products of the work of the station;
- preparation of defective statements;
- repair of equipment (qualification of locksmith 5 category).
Knowledge for the sixth grade
- turbocharger design;
- kinematic schemes;
- various power equipment: steam engines, electrical equipment, internal combustion engines;
- Characteristics for operation of power plants of compressors.
Occupational safety of the compressor operatoris regulated by the current legislation of the Russian Federation. Legislation on labor, as well as occupational safety and health standards, establish permissible limit operating regimes for mechanics. The mode of work is consistent with the qualification and is based on the health of the employee.
In Moscow, a compressor engine operatorreceives from 80 000 tr. An employee of this category is required at large manufacturing enterprises. To submit your resume for review it is necessary to monitor the labor market and monitor the emerging vacancies.