Bow-sekok. Cultivation from seed, planting and care
Onion nets are small bulbs grown fromseeds for one spring-summer season. Its seeds are very small, with low germination, sprout for a long time, about three weeks. To improve this indicator before sowing, they must be soaked in water, and preferably in a growth stimulant, for 8-12 hours. Swollen seeds can be dried to flowability or immediately planted on a pre-prepared fertilized bed. Further care for crops is a careful watering of the shoots, the removal of weeds.
Harvest of onion-seedling is removed when lodging leaves. This occurs around the beginning of August. From 1 square meter of sown area with good care get about 2 kg of seedling. Onions must be dried well, dried leaves and roots, sorted according to the size of the bulbs.
Bulbs that are not dulled in diameter up to 1 cm, up toSpring is usually not possible to save. It is preferable to plant a shallow onion for winter. The planting of sowing in late autumn has a number of advantages: you can get a bow on the pen earlier, there is no loss of part of the crop due to drying, time for planting onions in spring is not wasted, it is not damaged by the onion fly (by the beginning of summer the onion fly has already formed a large lobe of roots, therefore, the bottom is not available for laying eggs).
Under winter, onion-sowing is planted with such a calculation,so that the bulb before frost had time to take root well, but not to germinate. Specific dates of planting indicate difficult, it all depends on the region. Onions nest, planted under the winter, as a rule, do not shoot, from it with good care grow large, time to ripen, bulbs.
Place under sowing choose unsinkable, goodilluminated by the sun. When digging, you need to make half a bucket of compost and 1 tbsp for each square meter. ash. Fold the grout after digging a little, make shallow grooves (about 4 cm), between grooves about 12 cm distance. Dehydrated seedling should be spread in furrows with a distance of 4 cm between the bulbs. Sowok fall asleep with loose soil or humus (or a mixture thereof). It is desirable to cover crops with leaves or peat crumb.
If you want to get one head from a single bed, andbow on the feather, then the planting of the seedling should be made compacted, lay the sowing in 2 cm. In the spring, however, it is necessary to tear through one, the remaining bulbs of the feeding area will be enough.
If you are going to plant onion in spring, then before it should be warmed in a room with a temperature of 20-25 degrees Celsius for 20 days. Otherwise there will be an arming.
- Setton (high-yielding, medium-late, bulbs rounded with mass up to 120 g, well stored, has a semi-acute taste).
- Red baron (yielding, early, bulbs with scales of red color, weight of each up to 150 g, well kept, has a semi-acute taste).
- Centurion F1 (medium-early, well-stored, bulbs weighing up to 110 g of elongated shape, resistant to floweriness).
- Sturon (medium-term, well-preserved, high-yielding bulbs, rounded with a mass of up to 100 g with a brownish skin, a semi-acute taste, resistant to rashness).
- Stuttgarterrizen (fruitful, early, medium-sized bulbs, spicy, single-stranded, well-kept, suitable for distilling on a feather).
- Snowball (high-yielding, medium-early, round bulbs up to 140 g with white scales, tender taste, well-kept).
To date, there are many other varieties of onions. There are varieties and hybrids most suitable for sowing for the winter - Sunshine, Radar, Arctic and others.