Border Crochet: Schematic and description
One of the simple and at the same time spectacularways to decorate the edge of the product is to decorate with the help of a crocheted border or curb. Correctly selected threads and a hook will allow to give the finished kind both a knitted product, and the clothes sewed from a fabric.
Application of knitted border
A fine adornment is knitted laceworkborder for shawls (crocheted), schemes for the creation of which are abundant in magazines. Traditionally, such decoration decorated the sleeves and hem of clothes, towels and napkins, towels and bedspreads, blankets and other interior items.
Apply a crocheted border and more extravagantway. For example, they make out the edge of a leather product, as well as decorate pieces of furniture. A lace fringe is also used in such a kind of handicraft as scrapbooking.
Methods of joining the rim to the product
To the main product, the crochet, crocheted, schemes for which are very diverse, can be joined by several methods.
- As a rule, to the knitted products of the rimjoins directly with a hook. The loops of the main thing serve as the basis for it, and it is tied as a continuation of the main canvas. So, for example, the border for shawls is crocheted. Schemes of such decoration can be part of the shawl schemes, but can also be selected separately.
- The same method can be used forthe decoration of woven fabric products, for example napkins. In this case, a small-sized hook (No. 0.3, No. 0.5 or No. 0.75) and thin threads, preferably suitable for composition to the fabric of the product, are to be taken. The hook sticks directly into the fabric, and the fabric is tied along the edge with columns without a crochet. Next, a crochet crochet is sewn, the scheme of which was liked by the needlewoman.
- But you can go the other way: the edge of the fabric is lined with a suture seam with a needle into which the thread is sewn, intended in the future for crocheting. Schemes of the rim are chosen arbitrarily. In this case, the stitches of the seam will be the foundation, and the canvas will be tied to it.
- The following method seems to be the simplest: the crochet hook is individually knitted, the scheme of which is suitable for the design of a particular product, and then sewn to the fabric overlapping on the sewing machine or manually. But this method can be in practice much more difficult than the previous ones. The fact is that the crocheted border has a greater elasticity than the fabric, so when sewing it can stretch out somewhat so that the length of the edge of the product and the edge itself does not match. In order for this to happen, it is recommended to tie a sample of the rim and accurately calculate the density of knitting, i.e., count how many loops are in 10 cm of the article, after which to make the necessary calculations.
Crocheted hem with a crochet, the scheme of which you liked, can be created in two ways: along or across.
Border bound across
Border bound across is performed in a circle(if it is necessary to tie a sleeve, a hem of a dress or a napkin) or with turning rows until it reaches the necessary width. The simplest kind of such finishing is the so-called "stepping step". Simple strapping with columns without a crochet, with a crochet or several outfits can also be considered a variant of the rim. With this method of registration, even a novice needlewoman will master, only mastering such a technique as crocheting. Schemes of the rim are not required in this case.
Border bound along
You can knit the rim and along the binding cloth. The width of this border is set by the circuit, and the length can be adjusted during knitting. "To guess" the necessary length of such a border at first glance is easier than the dimensions of the transverse, but to tie the sample and calculate the density of knitting will not prevent it. This is necessary to ensure that the border does not end "suddenly" in the middle of the rapport during the design of the product, which will negatively affect the appearance of the finished product.
Perfectly complements the product bound openworkhemming crochet. Schemes and descriptions of such needlework is easy to find. It looks very effective. The crocheted crochet is especially beautiful, the scheme of which contains a pattern from a different kind of shells, pineapples, and festoons. Such a rim can consist of one row of "shells" or other elements, and maybe a fairly wide one - it depends on the chosen option.
It simply amazes how the openwork edging of the crochet can be connected in different ways. Schemes for its implementation are found both the simplest ones and those that only an experienced knitter can do.
Multilayered edging border
An openwork border may consist of one row,and from several dozen rows, which is especially important when knitting skirts, flounces on the sleeve or on trousers. In order to get bound in a few tiers wide border with a crochet, the schemes are taken the most common. Then proceed as follows: the first tier is knitted according to the scheme, then from the back side is fastened to it a dense canvas consisting, as a rule, of columns with one or two napkin. In order to save threads and to facilitate the product, a thick cloth is often replaced with a sirloin net. The width of this element is made slightly less than the width of the open-work shuttlecock. Then the next shuttlecock is fastened on it. If you knit the canvas with the increments, then each next tier will be more magnificent than the previous one.
Curbs, made in a loin technique,traditionally used to decorate textiles: napkins, towels, curtains. But as a decoration for clothes, this lace looks very attractive, especially in combination with the loin inserts, which form the product itself.
Schemes of patterns to create a loin border are many. Some of them are specially designed for knitters. But it will look good and bound loin crochet hooks, the schemes of which are originally designed for embroidery, especially monochrome.
Border of ribbon lace
Use of ribbon lace as athe border also seems like a good idea. It looks spectacular, especially when combined with a simple knit or fabric. In addition, when decorating clothes, it will look organic, for example, the bottom of the product, decorated with a band of lace, in combination with a belt made in the same technique.
Knit a ribbon lace is not as simple as an openwork,but as a result, a really unusual and original crochet crochet is created. Schemes and descriptions, as well as master classes on knitting ribbon lace can be easily found.
Border with elements of Irish lace
A special place is occupied by curbs created withusing elements of Irish lace. They crochet when using the technique of continuous knitting. But it is possible to decorate the fringe of flowers and leaves, traditional for "Ireland", connecting them together by means of an irregular grid or a coupling method.
Winners look, for example, kitchenTowels or curtains, decorated with a border with elements of Irish lace and sewn on the fabric knitted elements, not contradictory in the style of the curb. Crocheted crochet hooks with schemes of this kind, of course, is found, but you can do without a specific description, showing a fantasy.
The role of color in creating a curb
Traditionally, the fringe is tied in one-color. Color can both match with the tone of the main product, and be combined with it or contrasted - it all depends on the taste and imagination of knitters. But the use of different shades when creating a curb is also not forbidden. On the contrary, monophonic things, decorated with a colorful border, look cheerful and bright.
And, of course, it will look spectaculara multicolored border, if the needlewoman decided to decorate the product not only with a curb, but, for example, with a knitted appliqué or three-dimensional elements crocheted. The same colors used to create such decorations and fringes, create a holistic image, and the finished thing becomes more attractive and interesting.
Below are a few simple descriptions of the implementation of the hem of the crochet.
This is a simple openwork border bound in one row. It consists of columns without a crochet, half-columns with a crochet and columns with crochets. In order to perform this strapping, turn the product face down, perform 1 air lifting loop, the next loop is tyed a column without a crochet, then in the next loop - half-cake with a crochet, then 3 stakes with a crochet in the same loop of the base and then again a half-stalk with a crochet. The next loop is again fastened to a column without a crochet. Then continue in the same order.
There is another way to knit the rims in the form of shells. This finish consists of 3 rows:
- 1 row: 3 air lifting loops are knitted, 1 base loop is skipped, then a bar is sewn without a collar in the next loop. Then the rapport is performed: 1 air loop is sewn, 1 base loop is skipped, 2 stitches with a crochet are sewn into the next loop, and so on.
- 2nd row: knitting is turned and 5 air loops are fastened (3 lifting loops and 2 air loops), then 1 stile is folded without a crochet on the air loop of the previous row, 4 air loops and again 1 cantilever without a crochet on the air loop of the previous row. At the end of the series 2 air loops are tied, in the last loop of the previous row one post is performed without the crochet.
- 3 row: knitting turns, 1 air loop is fastened and 1 bar is folded without a crochet. Further in the arch of the 4 air loops of the previous row, the shell is made in the same way as it was done in the previous sample: a column without a crochet, a half-shell with a crochet, 3 columns with a crochet, a half-shell with a crochet, and a column without a crochet. Seashells are tied in this way to the end of the row. The row ends with a column without a crochet in the third loop of the chain of 5 air loops of the previous row.
The fringe looks original in the form of a fringe. You can also knit it in several ways:
- A series of columns without a crochet is produced. The next row is performed in this way: 1 air loop, 1 column without a crochet at the beginning of the row, then rapport is done - 1 column without a crochet is sewn into the next loop, a string of 15 air loops and a connecting column tied in the same loop of the previous row as the previous column without the crochet.
- The fringe in the idea of "springs" is carried out in a similar wayprevious, but after creating a chain of 15 air loops continue knitting on it. 1 the air loop is skipped, then 2 bars without a crochet are passed into each air loop. The finished "spring" is attached to the base by a connecting column, as described in the previous version.